Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Food Advertising Aimed Towards Children"
November 15, 2009. www.news-medical.net



Summery:
It says that 76% more food commercials per hour than other networks. It also states that one fourth of all advertising on daytime and regular television. It goes on to give stats about children channels. Out of 5,724 commercials 1,162 were food related. Most of these commercials are for sugary and sweet foods such as cereal and snacks. In 63 food ads only one was a nutrition related public anouncement.




Response:
I agree with all of these stats but i do have to question the subject of the essay. I believe that the parents still have the final say in what kids are putting into there body. Most kids don't have the ability to go grocery shopping by themselves. I think parents need to crack down on what there kids are bringing into the house. I think that the think that kept me healthy was my mom packing a lunch for me. When parents pack lunches if takes away the option for kids to choose for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment